Saturday 23 June 2007

Say What...


Today is another humdrum of a Saturday... i didn't have anything planned really... usual,slept really late like 4am ish... wake up by noon.. chill out in front of the tube, that sorta thing. 9am my phone rings..Got a call from a buddy telling me one of our officemate's mum just passed away...(shocked!). I gathered myself, crawled to the shower...all these thoughts started pouring into my mind...I mean..losing someone is bad enough...but losing your own mum....utterly devastating! I have known for some time that my friends mum was diagnosed with cancer and that she was undergoing treatment locally & abroad. I suppose some things are not meant to be??!

Even on the way to his place for the funeral, I couldn't stop thinking about it...so much loss suffered by so many at a time.

I'm living away from my parents now and enjoying the single life, I've come to realise how much I miss them..especially my mom. She's my mother,my best friend and at times can also be my worst enemy. Sometimes due to my uber busy work schedule, I tend not to spend much time with them. From now on, I'll make time to spend with them, be it if only for a few minutes a day. Point is, our parents have worked so hard and sacrificed so much for us while we were growing up. They have raised us to their best intentions, sheltered us from all harm, fed us till obesity and of course fend to our ever increasing needs & wants, and I'm really, really, really, really grateful to them for that!! so sacrificing a fraction of our time is only but minimal gratitude we can repay or remember them with. So, if anyone is actually reading this, please don't take your parents for granted...they won't be around forever you now...

'' To my mummy, Thank you for everything... I love you forever..... ''

No comments: