Wednesday 27 August 2008

Homesick....


I'm still away...work commitments in Singapore now...I miss home...I miss my sofa...I miss the lonely nights just sitting on my balcony... Leaving Melbourne was easy...letting go of MsDragon wasn't...it never is. But, we had to go our separate ways...we had to carry on with our separate lives. Since she was leaving later...we said our goodbyes outside the hotel...the sadness in her eyes still haunts me each time I think of her, I end up feeling miserable...I miss her deeply. The days we spent together were filled with unforgettable moments...something that will always leave me smiling each time I think about it. It's what keeps me going for now...I have to focus...I have to move on with my life...though it's going to be a struggle...I know I'll get over her again...one way or another.

In keeping a promise, I'm taking a few days off work before Ramadhan starts...I'm leaving for KL to meet someone...someone I have never me before...yes, I'm going on a 'blind-date'... It's an arrangement made by mum...hesitant and unwilling as I am...I'll keep my promise to her...I have nothing to lose...only gain, if it works out...who knows right??! The only thing is that I don't believe in 'arranged courtings'...I think everyone should have the freedom of making their own choices...not their parents...then again...not everyone has the capacity of making their own decisions...I'm glad I can still make my own. I don't know how it's going to turn out...since I'm still on the rebound from MsDragon...perhaps I shouldn't expect much at all...in truth I'm a little nervous...yet excited, maybe this is just another way for me to divert my thoughts away from MsDragon...I don't know...I'm rambling again....another story saved for another day...

2 comments:

NyIzd said...

wow..arrange courting is tasteless but..blind date is exciting..meeting someone new is always a good thing..that means another new person to think about..think positive and all will be good..you dont have to marry this new person. but for me listening and getting to know how another person's ordeal in their everyday life is refreshing.

Joe Black said...

yes...'arranged courting' seems a bit old-fashioned to me, but it's also exciting to meet someone new in your life...as long as you don't forget or ignore your past...