Sunday 31 August 2008

Nice to meet you....


I'm in KL now... finally got to meet my 'blind-date'...the daughter of a family friend's acquaintance. I'll address her as ' Tengku S '...I gave her a call this morning, it seems she's been expecting my call and sounded excited to meet me...plus she has such a cute voice, very soft spoken and sincere...kinda aroused my interest too. I was more nervous rather than excited really...it didn't feel like butterflies were in my tummy, it was more like elephants stomping inside!? I was confused at why I was feeling this way...I don't know...maybe my mind has too many expectations and assumptions...it's human nature when you're about to expect the unexpected, right...I think...?? Anyway, noontime came...Tengku S said she would meet me at the hotel lobby, since I don't know how she looks like...I asked her at how would I recognise her?? She said...she knows how I look like and will surprise me??! How? I guess mum must have showed her a photo of me...something like that...that made me even more nervous! Well...she did come walking up to me and surprised me...caught off-guard...my nervousness gently faded and she was not what I had expected...she was of average height and build...really fair complexion...shoulder length hair...light blue eyes and a smile to leave anyone speechless?? Her mom is of eurasian-dutch descendant, hence her attributes...it took me a few minutes to come to my senses...yes, she was attractive...I think I was spellbound for a few seconds there...

I
ntroductions aside...we decided to walk over to the Mall and look for a place to have lunch. On the way...we talked about the arrangement our mums had made for us...just to get a laugh over the awkwardness...it made the whole afternoon for us more comfortable after that. Over lunch, we got learn about each other...like what we did...what we like...the usual getting to know you routine basically...Tengku S is a doctor by profession, a paediatrician...because she loves children. She is in her mid twenties, great personality and loves to live for the moment...hence she can be pretty unpredictable actually. After lunch, we walked around the shops for awhile because I needed to get some shopping done...from what I can see, she's a good judge of character and opinionated too...she speaks her mind with confidence and has good taste of choice. In one of the shops, I let her choose a shirt for me...something casual, just to see if she could match my tastes. She was spot-on with her choice...it's like she read my mind...I was fascinated by the way we shared the same wavelength. Hours went by...it was time for us to part ways since she had to leave before getting caught in the infamous KL traffic-jam. Before leaving, she asked if we could meet up in the evening...there was a special place she wanted to take me to...somewhere she knows I've never been to...an experience I'll never forget she says..??! Being adventurous...I agreed, she said she'll text me the details of where to meet her. Seeing her walk away...I couldn't help but think...what if I didn't keep my promise to mum to meet her...it would have been such a loss for me...another regret to live with...


After being well rested for the evening, Tengku S texted me the details of the evening...directions to a club she wanted to meet me at and also to give her a call when I get there. Leaving the hotel with a head full of thoughts wondering where the night would lead to between us...but then again, I was still missing MsDragon... dilemma strikes at the wrong time...it kinda spoils my mood for the evening...I try not to let the guilt get to me...I wanna move on in life...could this be one of the struggles I'll be facing?? The taxi finally arrived at my destination...sure enough I was surprised by where I was...It was a club for sure, just not the one I imagined it to be. What did I get myself into...it was a salsa club...seriously I felt like jumping back into the taxi, in no way am I going be dragged to the dance floor by her. Too late...the taxi left already and there were none in sight...thought to myself to just go with the flow and give her a call. My call was answered instantly...it appears that she was waiting for me all along. She came out to meet me...I was speechless again...she was dressed as a Latin dancer...black halter neck dress with a thigh cut slit, her hair done up and all...it's another side of her I'm impressed with...she fits the part so well. She introduced me to her group of friends...her dance partners she says...a nice friendly bunch. I pleaded with her not to make me dance...since I'm the type with two left feet...clumsy that is. She smiled and said that she won't make me do what I wouldn't want to, but before the night is over...she wanted to have the last dance with me??!! So there I was, sitting in a booth facing the dance floor...She's a great dancer...so agile...she danced with so much passion in her steps. In between dances she would cosy up to me to ask me how I was doing...I think she could tell I was more nervous about the dancing bit and assured me not to worry about it...that everything will turn out fine.

T
he time finally came...she walked up to me...took my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. Unknown to me...it appears that the last dance of the club is always the slow dance to end the night...that I could do...she held me tight and we just enjoyed each others company from that moment on. It truly was and still is a night to remember after all...

No comments: