Saturday 21 July 2007

Friends....


Definition of a FRIEND
A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

I've come to realise that I have no friends now, not literally I mean... it's just that I have no friends to hang out with anymore. Most of them are too busy with their marriages or their relationships. How ironic it is that I'm single and have no friends to enjoy the single life with. This always happens to me, friends have come and gone, maybe there's something wrong with me??

I'm not used to going out alone, I always have my best buddy tag along with me whereever I go, even overseas trips, you know like an 'aide de camp' . Someone to confide in and assist me or just give me a second opinion on stuff, more usually it's just someone to share a good time with. Ha..ha...some people have even presumed me to be gay?! Hahaha. That was the past, my best buddy is married now with 2 kids and in the middle of constructing his first home. So between work, family and home construction, time with me has been quite non-existent. I guess everyone has to grow-up and move on right?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not being selfish here. I'm happy for him to have accomplished so much in his life, but the truth remains that, he's left a friend behind and that's one worst thing a buddy can do.

While I'm sitting here alone at a cafe, writing up this tantrum, I'm surrounded by women having their Saturday afternoon gossip session. There's a group of women at the next table comparing their breast sizes and deliberating whether to go for breast augmentation or not. I feel so outnumbered and insecure, wish my partner-in-crime was here so we could share a really good laugh about it.

Nowadays, I'm usually by myself, I have to move on and not depend on anyone else anymore. I can do what I want to do,I can be what I want to be. Life is never perfect, I can't always have everything my way....

Man is not the creature of circumstances, circumstances are the creatures of men. We are free agents, and man is more powerful than matter.
Life Philosophy of Benjamin Disraeli


No comments: