Wednesday 12 March 2008

Good Morning Shanghai...

* photo of Shanghai at Dawn by Nuriko Chan

I'm away for the week... work commitments again. Shanghai has changed a lot since my last trip here a few years back. Haven't had much time to go around, my schedule has been a bit tight lately... meetings,tours and dinners, but I should have some free time soon, before I leave... good opportunity for exploring the sights... I hope.

First day here, and I received a text from Ms Angel... " miss me yet?? " . We are on talking terms, but we're still not together. I could only reply candidly with a "perhaps, maybe or try again tomorrow ;) " . I 'll let her make sense of it... I hope she gets it?? Anyway, I had no choice but to leave my flat keys to her (parents are away too) because I needed someone to feed my pet fish. Ms Angel was more than eager to offer her services and jumped at the chance to get back on my good graces... who else better would be familiar with stuff at my place, besides I still trust her in some sorta way to take care of my flat. She did mention to me that she'll spend the night there sometime in the week on the pretense of helping to do some tidying up etc..etc.. I know her too well... it's just another reason to sleep in my bed and wear my t-shirt... hahaha.. if only she knew that I favoured my sofa more than my bed??! I see no harm at all, since I'm not there anyway. I only reminded her that the rules still apply, that she not bring anyone else there, even her bff... she knows how much I like my privacy... I know she'll respect it. Thinking back to what I have just written makes me miss home now... the weather is cold here and my hotel room is OK... just too quiet I suppose. I'm really grateful that the internet access is free... otherwise life would be dull here... if you know what I mean. Hmm... I've got another 4 hours before dinner, perhaps I'll go for a short walk down the street... fresh air is good, helps to clear the mind... even angels need to stretch their wings...

No comments: